Sunday, May 14, 2006

The Essence of Motherhood

Ok, so today is Mothers' Day. Pretty much a shitful day for the millions of people in the world who struggle with infertility, or have lost a child at any stage. So what is the essence of motherhood? Do you have to have a living child complete with chrysanthemums and all to make us a mum? I'm not so sure. I have 4 beautiful children that aren't with us, but I don't feel less of a mother if that makes any sense. (probably not) My wonderful boy gave me a prezzie this morning from my furbaby Lucy and our 4 babies, that made me feel so very special. I am a mum. I am a mum that is hurting so very very much. I am a mum that longs to feel the softness of my babies' skin, the sweetness of their breath, the love that so many feel every single day. Wow it hurts just to think about it.
To all of you out there that have lost babies, or struggle with infertility, I wish you a most precious Mothers Day, for the essence of motherhood is in our hearts and always will be.

Comments:
Sweetheart I have so missed you!! I wanted to wish you a Happy Mothers Day and know your beautiful ~Angels~ are watching over you today.
xxx
 
beautiful post MA.

happy mothers day lovely
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?